Skip to main content

Test: K-12 Registration

Welcome to the registration page for Kindergarten to Grade 12 students. This page is for those looking to register their child in the current or upcoming school year.

Links to registration for specialty programs, adult education, international education or adult education can be found on the main registration page here.

1. Eligibility:

Registration is available to residents of B.C. who are Canadian citizens, as well as those who are living in Surrey on a study or work permit. You must be living in Surrey in order to register and cannot pre-register prior to arriving in Canada.

Children born between 2006 and 2018 are eligible to attend school for the 2023-2024 school year, with those who turn five years old before Jan. 1, 2024 being eligible to begin Kindergarten in September 2023.

For international-based students interested in attending school in Surrey, please visit our International Education page here.

2. Documents required for registration:

These documents will need to be uploaded to the registration portal, or presented in-person at your school's office.

Required documentation (does not have to be from British Columbia)

  • Photo identification for the parent/guardian such as: driver’s licence, passport, Photo BC Services Card, BCID card.
  • Evidence of guardianship (as shown on child’s birth certificate, or other appropriate legal documentation, such as, landed immigrant document or guardianship order).
  • Evidence of birth date for the student (e.g., birth certificate or passport). 

Evidence of residence for the parent/guardian in British Columbia

  • Valid government issued documentation showing the address of residence with the name of ordinarily resident parent/guardian (e.g., BC Driver’s License, BC Services Card, BCID or ICBC Registration Document, etc.).

If the above documents are not available, the Principal uses discretion to register students based on two or more of the following:

  • Property purchase agreement
  • Utility bill
  • Rental agreement (or letter from landlord)
  • Health documents (medical reports and letters)
  • Letter-mail with name and address of resident
  • Employment pay-slips
  • Bank statements
  • Letter from employer
  • Insurance statements or policies
  • Statement or letter from a Notary Public
  • Other documents that indicate resident’s name and address

3. How to Register:

The school district recognizes that personal circumstances may make it difficult for some individuals to complete the registration process. Please discuss any unique circumstances with the school principal when you are contacted. We welcome all new students and we are pleased to assist in any way we can.

If you have any questions, please contact your catchment school or the school district at 604-596-7733.

Newcomers and English Language Learners:

If you are new to Canada and require registration or language support, the Surrey Schools Welcome Centre also offers registration support. To learn more, visit the Welcome Centre website here.

image description
Back to top