Surrey Student Registration:
|Register for This School Year (2023-2024)|
School Registration Fact Sheets:
- How to Register
- Signing Up for Kindergarten
- Documents Required
- Distance Learning (SAIL - Secondary Only)
- Specialty Programs
- Out of Catchment Registration
New Student Registration
The Surrey School District is pleased to welcome all new students to our schools. We now offer online registration for parents & guardians. Please note that registration at your school of choice is based on availability.
When registering your child, please note the following process:
- Use the School Locator Tool to determine your catchment school
- Complete the online registration request form
The school district recognizes that personal circumstances may make it difficult for some individuals to complete the registration process. Please discuss any unique circumstances with the school principal when you are contacted. We welcome all new students and we are pleased to assist in any way we can.
Please see below for important information regarding the registration process. If you have any questions, please contact your catchment school or the school district at 604-596-7733.
* Please scroll down to see which schools are closed to out-of-catchment registration *
Children who turn five-years-old before Jan. 1, 2024 are eligible to begin school in September 2023.
The same documents listed below for new students must also be provided to register a student for kindergarten. Registration at your school of choice is based on availability.
You will have the option to upload your required documentation using a secure web site or present your documentation at your catchment school in person.
PART ONE: Required documentation (does not have to be from British Columbia)
- Photo identification for the parent/guardian such as: driver’s licence, passport, Photo BC Services Card, BCID card.
- Evidence of guardianship (as shown on child’s birth certificate, or other appropriate legal documentation, such as, landed immigrant document or guardianship order).
- Evidence of birth date for the student (e.g., birth certificate or passport).
PART TWO: Evidence of residence for the parent/guardian in British Columbia
4. Valid government issued documentation showing the address of residence with the name of ordinarily resident parent/guardian
(e.g., BC Driver’s License, BC Services Card, BCID or ICBC Registration Document, etc.).
If the above documents are not available, the Principal uses discretion to register students based on two or more of the following:
• Property purchase agreement
• Utility bill
• Rental agreement (or letter from landlord)
• Health documents (medical reports and letters)
• Letter-mail with name and address of resident
• Employment pay-slips
• Bank statements
• Letter from employer
• Insurance statements or policies
• Statement or letter from a Notary Public
• Other documents that indicate resident’s name and address
Distance Learning (SAIL - Secondary Only)
SAIL distance learning is currently only available for secondary SAIL students. SAIL elementary is a blended learning program where students attend 4 days a week at Brookside Elementary.
For more information on registering for the Surrey Academy of Innovative Learning (SAIL) please click here.
Specialty and Choice Programs
Surrey Schools offers a number of "choice" programs that challenge students and enhance special skills or subscribe to certain philosophies. Students still receive the regular B.C. school curriculum, but also have an opportunity to extend their understanding and experience.
You do not need to live near the school or in the district to enroll.
Kindergarten registration in the four most popular programs (French Immersion, Intensive Fine Arts, Montessori and Traditional) is done through an online lottery application.
Due to rapid growth and increased enrolment at Grandview Heights Secondary, it is necessary to close all new in-catchment registrations for the 2023-24 school year, for Grades 8-11. We ask that parents living in the Grandview Heights catchment area complete the online registration process and select Grandview Heights. The school will then contact you with further details. The following secondary schools can accommodate new registrations for September 2023 in Grades 8-12:
- Earl Marriott Secondary
- Semiahmoo Secondary
- Elgin Park Secondary
Out-of-Catchment Registration (2023/2024 school year)
The schools listed below are designated as closed to out-of-catchment registration requests for the 2023/2024 (beginning Sept. 2023) school year. These schools are closed to out-of-catchment registrations (other than siblings) and no out-of-catchment waitlist will be maintained.
|Elementary Schools||George Greenaway Elementary||North Ridge Elementary|
|Adams Road Elementary||Goldstone Elementary||Old Yale Road Elementary|
|Bayridge Elementary||Hazelgrove Elementary||Sunnyside Elementary|
|Beaver Creek Elementary||Jessie Lee Elementary||Sunrise Ridge Elementary|
|Cambridge Elementary||K.B. Woodward Elementary||Walnut Road Elementary|
|Coyote Creek Elementary||Katzie Elementary||William Watson Elementary|
|Edgewood Elementary||Latimer Road Elementary||Woodward Hill Elementary|
|Fraser Wood Elementary||Martha Currie Elementary|
|Frost Road Elementary||Morgan Elementary|