Learning Centre's are a storefront schools designed to help students set and meet their educational goals. Students learn in a friendly environment which promotes student responsibility for goal-setting and educational planning. Students who are sincere in their desire to learn will find the expectations realistic and the staff understanding, helpful and encouraging. Special career education programs and counselling are available to help students with their goals and career planning.
The school offers a continuous entry and continuous program design featuring a variety of schedules: morning, afternoon or all day classes. Students can complete Grade 10, 11 and 12 courses leading to graduation with either a Dogwood Diploma or an Adult Dogwood Diploma. Learners are able to complete their education within a culture that is caring, safe and comfortable.
- To provide an alternative educational environment for students who are at risk of leaving school
- To provide opportunities for students who have left the system, with a place to resume their education with ease
- To prepare students to return to the mainstream school, upgrade course marks for post-secondary enrolment, or complete graduation at the Learning Centre
- To encourage students to set and meet educational goals
- The Learning Centre is technologically equipped to provide all students in grades 10, 11 & 12 with the skills necessary to function effectively in the information age. Both a wide area and local area network are in place and Internet access is available from all work stations.
- Community partnerships have been established with a variety of community agencies which have enhanced opportunities for our students. Youth Unlimited help with our P.E. program and transporting students to field trips. White Rock Rotary Club; Peace Arch Monarch Lions Club, White Rock Lions Club, Kiwanis Club, White Rock Lioness Club offer financial support for student activities and scholarships).
- A daily athletic program provides a wide variety of activities to involve students.